Meeting will be held Nov. 13-15 in Houston.
The Waterways Council Inc. (WCI) has released the agenda for its Ninth Annual Waterways Symposium and WCI Annual Meeting, to be held Nov. 13-15 in Houston. The program is sponsored by the WCI, Informa Economics and Waterways Journal.
According to the WCI, the Symposium will explore the impact of the nation’s waterways on the economy and employment and the obstacles and opportunities facing the inland waterways, ports and the inland waterways transportation sector. The theme of the symposium is “Riding the WAVE 4 Jobs: Waterways Keep Hard-Working Americans Hard at Work.”
Among the topics to be covered will be the following:
- U.S. and Global Economic Prospects Through 2013,
- Transportation Forecast for Commodities,
- The Post-election Political Landscape,
- Waterways Asset Management and Performance Metrics,
- The Drought of 2012’s Impact on Navigation and Freight Policy Across all Modes.
Symposium attendees include representatives from the shipping community, transportation providers, representatives from environmental and labor groups, investors, bankers, officials from ports and federal/state/local governments, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other agencies, consultants, academics and others.
To view the current agenda and register, click here.